Beginning in 2010, CNLA and the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) aligned their certification programs under one brand – Landscape Industry Certified. This brand name speaks clearly to consumers, is supported and used internationally, shows credibility and commitment to best practices, and leaves a lasting impression.
The Canadian Nursery Landscape Association (CNLA) Certification Committee has worked tirelessly to align industry certification programs with national standards and give them more credibility both within and outside of our industry. In pursuit of this objective, the Landscape Industry Certification agreement with NALP ended in 2019 and the Landscape Horticulture Certification Program (LHCP) was launched in January 2020. The LHCP is fully Canadian owned and managed, aligns certification with Red Seal standards and provides convenient, accessible online tests.
The brand name 'Landscape Horticulture Certification program' consolidates specialties of green industry certification under one umbrella. Now, everyone who is CNLA certified will be identified with this universal title. Our goal is to acquire critical mass where Landscape Horticulture Certified individuals are in demand by consumers and preferred, and ultimately required, on job bids. This rebranding effort demonstrates growth in our industry and in our careers.
- Landscape Horticulture Certified speaks very clearly to the end user. No longer will you have to go into lengthy explanations about what the acronyms (CLHM, CLD, CLHT, etc.) behind your signature mean. The simple recognition of Landscape Industry Certified will speak volumes to your clients and prospects.
- Landscape Horticulture Certified has international appeal. NALP has adopted the new brand name and logo for its professional development program. This paves the way for broader recognition of our industry certification.
- Landscape Horticulture Certified shows a commitment to best practices. The CNLA certification program continuously seeks to align itself with the certification industry’s best practices as defined by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) standards. NCCA is the accrediting body of the National Organization for Competency Assurance (NOCA).
- Landscape Horticulture Certified leaves a lasting impression. With a single, identifiable brand name to proudly display your hard-earned green industry certification, you have enhanced your staying power and your competitive edge with customers. More than ever in these tough times, we need to stand out in every way possible … Landscape Horticulture Certified showcases your expertise and education.
- Landscape Horticulture Certified continues to show your specialization(s). A tagline of Manager, Landscape Designer and Technician differentiates the numerous specialties within the industry. It allows certified individuals to continue to highlight their specific skills.
You are encouraged to integrate the Landscape Horticulture Certified brand into your company’s marketing materials and continue to display your certification proudly to your clients.