All Committees and Staff at CNLA-ACPP are working to provide members with the latest information. Below are some resources that your business can leverage during pandemic.
** Please refer to your provincial association's website for the latest developments in your area **
Changes to the CERB eligibility rules:
- Allow people to earn up to $1,000 per month while collecting the CERB.
- Extend the CERB to seasonal workers who have exhausted their EI regular benefits and are unable to undertake their regular seasonal work as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Extend the CERB to workers who have recently exhausted their EI regular benefits and are unable to find a job or return to work because of COVID-19.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT & RESOURCES
- Updated resource page for all Federal programs and supports
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Support for employers: CRA and COVID-19
- Deferral of GST/HST Remittances FAQs
- Temporary Wage subsidy Information FAQs for Employers
- Payroll and COVID-19 - ENGLISH / FRENCH
- COVID-19 and the Workplace: ESA Amendment, Federal Benefits & Layoff Principles - Download
- Employers: Dealing with Quarantine and COVID-19 - Download
- CAHRC - Impact of Access to Foreign Workers on the Agriculture Industry - ENGLISH / FRENCH
- Advance Payments Program for Farmers - Download
VIDEOS & WEBINARS
SUGGESTED PRACTICES GUIDES
Landscape Canada Comittee - COVID-19 suggested precautions
Garden Centre Canada - COVID-19 suggested precautions
- Government of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Business Pandemic Preparedness Checklist
- COVID-19 Question Series: More Answers About What You May Owe Employees
For additional support, please visit Mental Health Resources.
To support the second item, AAFC has asked us to quantify the losses experienced and expected if things continue as they are now. I have developed a survey for primary producers to help CNLA estimate the amount of financial aid growers across Canada will need. This survey will be released weekly for the next little while to capture changes that occur week to week.
Garden Centres Canada and COVID-19
This is a time of isolation and collaboration. Our GCC members and volunteers have been busy sharing ideas, suggestions, and advocating to keep retail garden centres open. The comradery and amount of sharing is heartwarming. We are together and we will get through this. We ask that you keep a keen eye on your Provincial Association’s website COVID response tabs, this is the best source in understanding what is going on for our sector.